Audition May 25, 2019 at 6:00pm
sign in begins at 5:30pm
Marshall Ellis Dance School
1300 La Quinta Drive Orlando, FL 32809
Elite Training Program & Elite Ballet Company Video Auditions
- Video must not exceed 15 minutes in length.
- You must include a headshot and resume including your previous training experience and the length of time you have been en pointe (if appllicable).
- BARRE (only need to demonstrate one side of each exercises): Plies, Tendu from 5th position, Degage/Pique, Ronde de Jambe/Fondu, Grand Battement.
- CENTER: Adagio, pirouette, Petit Allegro jumps, Grand Allegro jumps.
- POINTE WORK (if applicable, can be done in the center or at the barre based on student’s level of experience): Releves on two feet, Releves on one foot, Pirouette/turns, controlled movement/Adagio exercise.
- You may include a classical variation or contemporary solo if you would like, but it is not a requirement.
ELITE BALLET TRAINING PROGRAM
The Elite Training Program is guided by the vision of School Director Marshall Ellis, and under the leadership of Marshall Ellis and Program Director Lauren Sherwood, and an renowned faculty of Marshall Ellis Dance School, our program provides an intensive ballet training experience for students in pursuit of a professional career. Acceptance is by audition only. Students from ages 8-18 years of age will be placed in appropriate classes based on current performance level. The program aims to provide a unique personal, versatile, and positive training experience for students.
The goal of the Elite Training Program is to provide dancers with professional training and guidance in classical ballet technique and performance. The Elite Training Program curriculum includes classes in Ballet Technique, Pointe or Pre-Pointe, Classical Variations, Pas de Deux, Contemporary Ballet, Corps de Ballet, and weekly Strength and Conditioning classes. Throughout the year, additional classes in Choreography, Resume Writing, Nutrition for Dancers, Dance History and Terminology, Music, Acting, and Performance Makeup will be offered. This curriculum results in strong, versatile, and well- educated dancers who are prepared for a professional career as a dancer.
- FLEX: no specific deadline to enroll, 365 day calendar year
- FULL TIME: goes by 180 day calendar (Aug-June), enrollment begins March 4th 2019 and ends July 12th 2019 (so if we do a second audition in addition to May 25th, it would have to be before July 12th)
- Spotlight (separate application): must be up to date w/all school work, good grade level reaching academic standard, GPA at least 3.0 or higher to apply
The Elite Training Program September 4, 2018 – May 24, 2019
Monday – Thursday following Orange County School’s Holiday Calendar.
Tuition $400/month(Tuition includes day/night classes, Both programs have access to attend Unlimited drop in night classes. Elite Ballet Classes only open to Elite Ballet Students (Audition Only). No drop in Elite Classes allowed. Dancers will option to train between 5 to 8 hours daily Monday – Thursday. Dancers will have the option to choose from additional drop in classes to improve technique.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday are given to the families!
Programs runs September 4, 2018 – May 24, 2019. Marshall Ellis Dance School is open year round.
*Program times will be determined by level placement. Coming Soon. More information will be giving out at audition.
Marshall Ellis – School Director
Lauren Sherwood – Program Director
Sara Havener – Ballet Teacher